|Your Veritas Falcon Club Presents:
Athletic Physical and Concussion Testing Day
Saturday, August 10th
8AM – NOON
See below for registration and payment information
WHAT WILL BE OFFERED?
SPORTS PHYSICALS. The VPA Athletic Department is very excited to announce that your parent-led Falcon Club is partnering with local pediatric practice, Agave Pediatrics, to conduct sports physicals on the Veritas campus at a discounted rate of $20 for any VPA student planning on competing in any Fall, Winter or Spring sports next school year. (Early bird pricing ends at midnight on August 5.) A big thank you to Agave Nurse Practitioner, Falcon Club Board Member and Veritas mom, Tiffany Zook, for her instrumental help in bringing this event to us!
CONCUSSION TESTING. The Falcon Club is also partnering with Barrow Concussion and Brain Injury Center to offer optional baseline concussion testing for $15 per athlete on the same day! (Early bird pricing ends at midnight on August 5.) Concussion testing times will be run every hour on the hour starting at 8AM with the last session starting at 11AM. There will be no late admissions once a concussion testing session starts. If you are wanting both concussion testing and a sports physical, it’s best to sign up to do concussion testing prior to your physical.
MY CHILD DOESN’T HAVE A CONCUSSION. SHOULD I TEST? Baseline testing is a pre-season exam conducted by a trained health care professional. Baseline tests are used to assess an athlete’s balance and brain function (including learning and memory skills, ability to pay attention or concentrate, and how quickly he or she thinks and solve problems), as well as for the presence of any concussion symptoms. Results from baseline tests can be used by our school trainers and your child’s physician and compared to a similar exam conducted by a health care professional during the season if an athlete has a suspected concussion.
HOW MUCH WILL IT COST?
SPORTS PHYSICAL ONLY: $20 (Early Bird pricing) or $35 after August 5
BASELINE CONCUSION TESTING ONLY: $15 (Early Bird pricing) or $20 after August 5
SPORTS PHYSICAL AND CONCUSSION TESTING: $35 (Early Bird pricing) or $55 after August 5
Use the MSA/Toolkit App or click here to pay for physicals and/or concussion testing.
Scholarships for concussion testing are available by request on an as-needed basis. Please contact Kayla Walsh (email@example.com) to request financial assistance. Thank you to Falcon Club Founding Member, Barrow Neurological Foundation Board Member and Veritas mom, Shannon Mishkin, for making scholarships possible!
HOW DO I RESERVE AN APPOINTMENT?
Sign up for concussion testing here.
Physical Registration A and Sports Physicals will be done on a walk-in, first-come, first-served basis.
Other Important things to know about this event:
- Annual sports physicals are required to play every VPA sport!
- Thanks to our generous sponsor, Agave Pediatrics, all proceeds from the physicals will be donated back to VPA athletics, benefiting your student athletes — it’s a win-win!
- Concussion testing is crucial for any student athlete playing sports such as baseball, volleyball, softball and swimming, but it is now mandatory for varsity football and soccer players this year!
- Save time, money and hassle by getting your student athlete’s official sports paperwork done & turned in to Veritas Athletics the same day! (Not required for testing.)
- Physical Registration Part A here
- Physical Registration Part B here
- Athletic Form here
- Consent to Treat Form here
- Brainbook Course here (HIGH SCHOOL STUDENTS ONLY)
If you have any questions about the day, feel free to contact Falcon Club Vice President, Monica McQueen, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 602-432-5100.